Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Does He or doesn't He......Exist???

As I was perusing the various blogs I came across one that looked interesting. The person who created this blog had the scripture "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phil. 4:13, so I believe I can assume that this blogger and I share "like precious faith."

On her site she has some discussions linked to blogcatalog. One of the items that people are discussing is "Is There a God?" I found that interesting and I thought I'd weigh in on the subject, but here on my own blog.

As an evangelical Christian I have complete faith that there is a God, that He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ to earth as a baby, to grow up and eventually die for my sins. He did not stay in the tomb, as on the 3rd day He was resurrected from the dead and now sits at the right hand of His Father, interceding on our behalf.

So....what if I'm wrong? What have I lost in this life if I'm wrong? Because of my faith in Jesus Christ I have adopted certain life style changes. So if I'm wrong in my belief about God and Jesus Christ, here is what I've missed out on. I've missed out on getting a DUII (DWI) from drinking too much alcohol (I personally drink no alcohol.) I've missed out on various diseases directly associated with smoking cigarettes. I've missed out on being addicted to heroin, meth, cocaine, etc. I've missed out on HIV/AIDS. I've missed out on sexually transmitted diseases because I've been faithful to my husband. I've missed out on robbery, murder, etc. I've missed out on losing all my money to gambling. Isn't that a lot to miss out on?

So...what if YOU are wrong if you don't believe in God? Here's what you will miss out on. You'll miss out on having complete peace in your heart knowing that Jesus is in control of your life. You'll miss out on an eternity spent in heaven with your fellow believers from around the world. You'll miss out on the joy of not being addicted to drugs, alcohol or cigarettes.

Now I know you won't all agree with me about the cigarettes or alcohol and you'll say you can still be a follower of Jesus Christ and do those things. Okay. But they aren't for me. That is the choice I made. The Bible doesn't say, "Thou shalt not smoke." But it does say that my body is the dwelling place of the Holy Spirit and I want to make that dwelling place as good a place as possible.

If I am wrong in my belief about God, at the end of my life I won't say, "Oh, I wish I'd used drugs," or "I wish I'd been unfaithful to my husband." Or other things like that. It will still have been a fulfilling life.

But if you don't believe in God and His Son, what things might you say at the end of YOUR life?

I'm not here to force you to believe in God. I'm just here to give you something to think about.

"For God so loved the world (you can substitute your name here) that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16, 17

No comments: