Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Day

Ok, so New Year's Day is never one of my favorite days.  Just wayyyyyy toooooo much football.  And I've kinda lost interest in the parades.  

So I did laundry, played on the computer, watched a Netflix on the computer.

Today Aaron and I went to the church where I got the music ready for Sunday plus between the pastor and I downloaded some new backdrops for our Easy Worship program.  I also got some music together for a funeral I'm playing for tomorrow.

Then as we prepared to go to lunch...Pastor R discovered he'd left his lights on and the truck's battery was deader than a door nail.  We tried the push 'em and pop the clutch method but it didn't work.  What it did do was put a dent in our license plate which Aaron later fixed. 

So while they waited for their daughter-in-law to bring the jumper cables, we headed for the restaurant where we placed the order they'd requested.  Guess they trust us!

Good food, good friends, good fun.

Last night I went to see Bedtime Stories with 2 lady friends.  Great movie, very funny, good for kids and adults.

Aaron and I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button earlier in the week.  Incredible!  Very interesting concept.

No comments: