Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Snow in Hermiston

Yep! We were hoping winter was over here--at least the part where we got snow. But no! We had more yesterday and today. Fortunately it didn't cause big problems on the roads. The temperature has not risen above freezing for more than 2 weeks. I'll be glad to see spring arriving.

I'm getting rid of cookbooks. I've managed over the years to accumulate quite a few, many of which I never used. I don't really like to cook all that much but I've always liked to buy cookbooks. Now that just doesn't make sense does it. Aaron had to empty out the piece of furniture that holds all the cookbooks and my china (which my dad got for my mom for their 25th anniversary in 1967) so that he could more easily move it while putting down the new peel and stick tile. So all the cookbooks are in the living room on the floor. I need to pick out say four of them to keep and dispose of the rest. Oh, I won't throw them away. I'll give them away or list them on paperback swap.

And the next time I see a cookbook I think I can't live without...I'll learn to live without it.

No comments: