Friday, March 27, 2009

It's All Lining Up


Our electronic ticket information arrived yesterday for our flight from Seattle to Johannesburg, overnighting there, then on to our final destination:  Gabarone, Botswana.  Then last night I went on-line and got our tickets on Horizon (Alaska Airlines) from Pasco, WA to Seattle where we will spend the night of May 14.  

I checked on united.com to see how much it would cost to fly to Seattle.  Would you believe it was $1100 for the 2 of us.  For a trip that is 171 miles by air!!  I was truly shocked.  On Horizon it was $478 for the 2 of us.  Now that is a big difference.  I think it is partly because Horizon is a smaller airline that flies these shorter distance shuttles several times a day.

I did splurge a little on our motel--The Raddison.  It is very close to the airport and has sleep-number beds.  I've never slept on one of those so this might just be a treat.  We have to be at the airport the next morning by 5:30 so a closer motel is a bonus.  Plus, last year we stayed at one that was decidedly not to our taste.


No comments: