Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Sad Day

Yesterday (Feb. 18) I presented our Botswana and Namibia pictures to a group of girls at our former church.

When I arrived home my husband said that I needed to call my sister in California.  She had very sad news to share with me.  Her 50 year old, very in shape brother-in-law had died while working out at a gym.  Just collapsed and he was dead.  He leaves a wife, son who is 19 and a 15 year old daughter.  He was in excellent health as far as everyone knew.  So this has come as a complete shock to the entire family.  

There will be tests done to see what caused his death.  

This is a very good example of why husbands AND wives need to know what is going on financially in the household.  Every morning when you kiss your spouse good-bye you don't know if it might be the last time you see them.

My condolences to the family.  I pray that God will be their comfort.

No comments: