Sunday, October 19, 2008

Margaret Wetterling has voted

Oregon has gone to mail ballots only making the day of the clerk announcing, "Margaret Wetterling has voted" to be a thing of the past.  I prepared my ballot yesterday evening and tomorrow I'll either mail it in or drive to the library and drop it in the ballot box there.  No one will announce anything...in fact...no one may even notice.  But I'll know that I have done my civic duty and voted for the presidential candidate of my choice (see below to see who that is) and for the various senators, congressmen, Oregon state measures and local city council representatives.  My friend, Joe, is on the ballot.  Yep, the same ballot as the candidates for President of the United States of America.  We live in a great country!

1 comment:

Larisa said...

I so miss the "Larisa Wetterling/Steele has voted." I do say it to myself when I drop it off. I did drop my ballot off last night.