Saturday, May 31, 2008

Moments

My brother-in-law Craig sent us this photo of my nephew Cleighton who is serving on a Navy carrier somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. I know the moment he had to leave his wife behind was extremely difficult. I am so proud of Cleighton for choosing to serve the United States of America in this manner. Every man and woman in the US military is very much appreciated by me.

At my TOPS Club (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) meeting on Wednesday night my group surprised me by having a Goodbye Salad Bar. My husband went with me that night and we showed them our pictures of Africa. While we were doing that the ladies got things out in preparation. I don't know exactly how they pulled it all together but it was a huge surprise to me and a lot of fun. I won't be back to a TOPS meeting until September. This was a special moment for me.

The countdown clock continues ticking ever so quickly as the moment of our departure for Namibia draws nearer. The moment we board the small airplane in Walla Walla, WA on Tuesday evening the adventure begins. After spending the night at a motel near SeaTac Airport we'll board the United flight to Washington, D.C. where after a couple hour layover we'll board the South African flight for Johannesburg. About 16 hours later we'll land, be on the ground for a couple more hours and then on to Windhoek, Namibia.

The reality of this is that for over 24 hours we won't have the chance to change clothes. Now wouldn't you like to share that moment with us?

No comments: